Cornerstone Lodge is located in the heart of the Fernie Alpine Resort village allowing you to discover one of the finest mountain ski resorts in North America!
A Skier’s Paradise!
Fernie Alpine Resort is blessed with an annual snowfall of between 900-1,200cm, attracting skiers and riders from around the globe. Fernie Alpine Resort has it all, with 142 runs and 2,504 acres of terrain spread over 5 spectacular open bowls, ridges and glades, there is endless adventure on the mountain. Serviced by 10 lifts, the varied terrain creates a true mountain playground that appeals to skiers & riders of all ages and abilities. On-mountain facilities include a variety of restaurants to enjoy & experience.
Facts About the Fernie Winter Season:
- Season Early December to mid April
- Average Snowfall 30 feet
- Vertical Rise 1082 metres / 3550 feet
- Base Elevation: 1068 metres / 3500 feet
- Summit Elevation: 2149 metres / 7050 feet
- Lifts 10 (2 High Speed Quads, 2 Quads, 3 Triples, 3 Surface Lifts (1 t-bar, 1 platter, 1 magic carpet)
- Runs 142 named runs plus 5 alpine bowls and tree skiing
- Terrain 1,013 hectares (2,504 acres)
30% Beginner 40% Intermediate 30% Advanced & Expert
- Longest Run: 5kms (3 miles) Falling Star
- Rail Park: Located mid-mountain
- Skier Cross Course: located lower-mountain
- Hours of Operation: Daily 9:00am – 4:00pm MST
- Average Winter Temperature: -5 C / 23F
If you are planning to ski Fernie this winter, we offer great Fernie ski deals starting each fall.
Summer on the Mountain
Once the snow melts the fun doesn’t stop with a number of adventures available right out the front door of the Cornerstone Lodge! In summer the Resort opens late June until early September for summer operations that include hiking, mountain biking, scenic chairlift rides, on-mountain dining and a new Zipline and Aerial Tree Adventure Park!
We offer a number of great summer vacation specials if you are planning to visit Fernie during the summer months.